Watermark Roofings’ website has been developed considering the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) regarding ADA compliance rules and regulations. Our goal is to have our content accessible to all guests, including those who have various types of physical disabilities, vision loss, hearing impaired and limited dexterity to name a few.
The pages of this website are being assessed to evaluate for compliance to accessibility guidelines.
We are constantly updating our website and checking content to ensure our accessibility remains up to code. If you have any issues, concerns or questions regarding our website regarding accessibility we ask that you please contact our web team.
This website includes the following accessibility features:
- Photography / Images: We have implemented the use of “ALT” tags, or alternative text and “TITLE” tags for photography / images throughout our site. These tags provide a written description of the image for those who have images turned off in the browser. Inclusion of alternative text detail for images (task currently in progress).
- Accessible Forms: We have implemented the proper form controls and labels throughout this website to ensure all forms are logical and easy to use for people with all types of disabilities who use screen readers or keyboards. All forms fields follow a logical tab sequence to ensure easy navigation. Form fields also have ‘label’ and ‘id’ attributes to associate the form field with its label to allow for easy entry of data.
- PDF Documents: Our web team runs accessibility checks and reports on PDF documents that are listed on our website. If you have any issues accessing any PDFs or other documents on our site please contact our web team.
- Links: We style all the links on this website to display with underlines to clearly identify them as actual links.
- Font Size: The font sizes used on the website are fully flexible. You can change the font size to make it either larger or smaller via your browser settings.
- Video Closed Captions: Our team strives to use minimal animation and video throughout our website but it is present on some of our pages – and occasionally our front page. All video content can be found on our Watermark Roofing’s YouTube channel and is closed captioned when applicable.
- Browser Support: The site is built in a flexible manner and scales to ensure readability on whatever device or browser it is viewed upon. Browser support is progressive meaning more capable browsers may get improved aesthetics or functionality, yet content is still accessible to even the oldest browsers.
- Semantics: HTML5 markup is used to structure the site with appropriate elements used to clearly and logically identify content for search engines or screen readers.
- Downloads: We use Adobe PDFs for additional information and downloads. Adobe PDF Reader is freely available for use on any computer, and a link to the software has been provided where appropriate.
W3C accessibility guidelines: These explain the reasons behind each guideline
JAWS: Screen reader for Windows
Lynx: Text-only web browser for blind users with refreshable Braille displays
Links: Text-only web browser for visual users with low bandwidth
Opera: Visual browser with many accessibility-related features, including text zooming, and image toggle
Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, and other operating systems
Other Accessibility Tools
Google Chrome provides accessibility tools / extensions that can be added to their browser to enhance the user experience. Browse the tools here.
WAVE: Service from WebAIM to analyze web pages for accessibility compliance
HTML Validator: Service for checking whether web pages conform to published HTML standards
Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer: Tool for viewing web pages without a variety of modern browser features
Lynx Viewer: Service for viewing what your web pages look like in Lynx
WebAIM: Non-profit organization dedicated to improving accessibility to online learning materials
We are committed to making accessibility improvements to our website.
To report an accessibility issues or to suggest enhancements, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 314-208-2180.
We are always open to suggestions for improvement and we welcome your feedback.